Drink deep of my sorrow as I entertain you with tales of Japanese Animated debauchery.


Read more: http://www.blogdoctor.me/2008/03/free-css-navigation-menus-in-blogger.html#ixzz124kU3bQe

Monday, August 16, 2010

"If by 'asshole' you mean dual-wielding nunchuk Abraham Lincoln, then I concur."

Look at me! I'm deviating!!!

Let's pretend I'm not slacking on parts 6-10 and dabble in some Unforgotten realms.






I've announced a few times that I am a nerd, but in my Slayers review I noted that I never PLAYED Dungeons & Dragons.

That's not meant to imply that this unit is untainted. I am unclean. Sooo unclean.

I never played, but I hassled, annoyed and aggravated many D&D guys innocently playing the game. IN fact, I hung out with a friend as he did precisely the kind of the stuff the heroic antagonist (Rob) does to the game. IE: He ruins it creating knock-down, drag out hilarity for all concerned except for those seriously into the game who plot his demise.

It's kind of like Live-action trolling, I guess?

Unforgotten realms is a weekly animated series made by a dude. A dude who is a nerd. It's an acquired taste apparently because I've tried pushing it on at least one die-hard D&D freak and she didn't handle it well. Meanwhile, I accidentally made a few major fans otherwise.

It's funny, definitely, but as the series goes on it redefines jumping the shark as it happily grinds itself into the ground. They had me at the Kobold running gag, and they completely lost me when they began pissing souls and becoming ninja turtles.



It's one of several online video series published by the Escapist online magazine, home of Zero Punctuation. ZP is important to note because the rampant psychotic blatherings of a hateful Australian nerd have never been more enjoyable and I'm certain that he attention he's bringing to the Escapist are one of the few things keeping it above water.

Mostly I bring up the escapist, because I think they've got a really cool idea. I'm curious as to how their business model is supposed to work since they actually have employees and have to pay for all the video bandwidth and stuff, but I am impressed with what they have. And that they haven't been sued yet for all the things that they're doing with game characters that I would swear might be considered copyright infringement.

Also, I'm trying to buy time to work the kinks out of my faves list. So smile, nod and investigate a nifty website with so-so gaming articles and an amusing library of video supplements.

No comments:

Post a Comment